Monday, January 23, 2012

Homemade Banana Ice Cream

I still can't believe that something so simple and easy to make can turn out to be so yummy!
Frozen bananas
Put some bananas in the freezer and leave overnight (or until banana is frozen solid).  Chop them up and load into the food processor.  If you don't have a food processor I think a blender will work fine :)
It is better to cut up the bananas into smaller pieces for easier mixing and so that you do not overwork the food processor.  The bananas here were a bit too big for my tiny machine so I had to cut them up again :D
 
Blend until creamy!
Turn the food processor on and blend for about 5 minutes.  Stop occasionally to mix in the solid parts on the side.  I added a tablespoon of powdered cocoa to my mix.  Next time I think I'll add some chopped nuts too!
Yum :)  Perfect snack on a hot day and definitely a healthier alternative to regular ice cream :D

5 comments:

  1. Let me try this recipe next weekend. I've been trying to find some "healthy sweets" coz my mantra for 2012 is "healthy eating". Keep them coming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, now I got two dessert recipes I want to try. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, will try that next weekend! I like my bananas overripe, so my blender can probably handle it (I don't have a food (processor).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I'll definitely try this. I love bananas and the guy who sells them is usually just outside the main gate. Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails