Monday, May 3, 2010

Going to Binondo via the M/V Pasig

We planned a quick trip to Binondo last week but instead of taking the car, we all decided that it would be more fun if we went there by boat. It's been about 2 years since I last rode the Pasig river ferry so I was really looking forward to the ride since I had so much fun the last time.
We arrived 30 minutes ahead of schedule. Actually, we really left early just to make sure that we don't miss the 11 am boat since the next trip would be at 3:15!
I took a photo of the trip schedule. The woman at the ticket counter advised me though that the schedule can change without notice so it's always better to call the office (715-4096) to inquire. We experienced this schedule change when we were on our way home. Instead of a 3:22 trip we were all told that the boat would be arriving at 4:30. I'm not sure but maybe this only happens on Saturdays since there are not a lot of passengers?
My little sister was so fascinated with the view since it was first time on the ferry. She kept asking me why the river smelled funny and how come there was a lot of trash and dead fish floating in some areas... But I think the river somehow improved from the last time that I saw it.
We saw this factory with lots of coconut shells. I wonder what they do with these.
a few rusty structures
SIN village? We found it so funny that they split Jaime Cardinal Sin's name that on one side it just said Sin Village :)
Old apartment complex along the river
We passed under Quiapo bridge!
Colorful graffiti
And we're here! The trip took about 25-30 minutes from Hulo station, Mandaluyong to Escolta, Manila. The Escolta station (closest to Binondo) is located across the Manila Central Post office. Ticket cost per person is P25-P45 depending on distance but is set at P20 for students with valid ID. Regular boat trips from Monday to Saturday only.

6 comments:

  1. I want to try this! I miss the banca ride from Makati to Mandaluyong. I think two pesos yata yung fare dun. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is interesting. When I get a chance, I'll bring my son along to try it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks fun haha. how long's the ride?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate! So from Escolta, how did you go to Binondo? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys :) You should really try it sometime. The water smells a bit funky though but its gone as soon as you go inside the boat.

    @wits - is that the boat that gets you to the other end? i think i saw some of those :)

    @James- it took about 30-40 minutes

    @dyanie - we just walked to Binondo, it's very near... about 5-10 minute walk depending on your pace :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails