Saturday, May 8, 2010

Binondo Eats

When people say Binondo, I immediately think about food. Actually, I think most people associate Binondo with food because there are so many good restaurants and shops located there. I am sharing some of the food stops we made when we went there last week.

1. Sincerity Cafe and Restaurant - the place was packed since we got there just in time for lunch. We ordered their famous fried chicken and oyster omelet. Yum!

Sincerity Fried Chicken 8 pcs P150
Oyster Omelet p240
Sincerity Cafe and Restaurant is at 497 Yuchengco St. Binondo, Manila
241-9991

2. Carvajal Street- So many yummy treats in this alley. I forgot to take note of the names but we stopped by a small bakery that sold baked goodies like this green apple bun (p20) and another stall that sold kuapao and fried siopao.
3. Po Heng Lumpia House - I loved everything in this restaurant! And I'm not just talking about the food... I really liked the colors of the walls, the patterns, the art deco style and their pet cats (they have 3 cuties!)
I'm not sure but someone told me that the Uy Su Bin Building used to be a hotel before. Pretty cool, huh? For some reason though, this place reminded me of Singapore - particularly the old shops along East Coast road.
The lumpia here is amazing :) only P45 per serving!

New Po-Heng Lumpia House
531 Quintin Paredes Street, Binondo (inside Uy Su Bin Bldg)
241-8789

4.) Eng Bee Tin and Ho-Land - Definitely the best places to get your tikoy and hopia fix!
I got free Hopia from both stores since I had The Big Binondo Food Wok Map with me :) But of course we ended with more stuff than just the free hopia.

5.) Savory - We didn't plan to stop by Savory anymore since we always eat here (we love their fried chicken!) but since the boat schedule changed we decided to wait here and have dessert. I think this is their pioneer branch and it has been open since the 1950's!
The Original Savory
201 Escolta St., Sta. Cruz
242-1443

9 comments:

  1. the food looks really good =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, the original Savory :).

    Its been a long time since I've been to Binondo. Thanks for posting this. I should plan a trip there for the Eats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg...wat is lumpia?? looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Food tripping at its best!

    I'm planning to go back to Binondo since I wasn't really able to do much food tripping the last time I went there. I'll try to drop by the eats you visited :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fried siopao and the green apple bun looks really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i haven't tried the fried siopao kasi we go to binondo pag sunday. eh closed pala sila pag sunday hehe ;)

    waaah eng bee tin! aylaveet! ube hopia!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never eaten in Binondo.. but i want to try!w0w nandun pala ung orig savory.=)

    pls visit my blog
    http://www.anggeflores.blogspot.com/
    you might win a team manila tumbler
    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That Sincerity fried chicken looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails