Sunday, March 20, 2011

I love tomatoes!

Do you like tomatoes?  I love them!
Cherry tomatoes
Aside from being an excellent source of vitamins and anti oxidants, they taste really good too. 
IMG_1273
Here I have 4 different kinds of tomatoes.  I rarely see the "pumpkin" shaped ones (also known as Heirloom tomatoes) so I make it a point to buy whenever I see them at the market.
IMG_1284
These taste the same as the regular round ones but the skin is just a bit thicker.
1060245721_f
They are quite interesting to look at too!  In fact, I have a small collection of Heirloom tomato photos :)  I scanned this photo above which I took back in 2002.
chunky tomato sauce
Perfect for making chunky tomato sauce for pasta!  Yum :) 


7 comments:

  1. I love tomatoes too. As well as lycopene :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could whap those all around the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I super love tomatoes! I hoard good looking ones all the time. I love them in salads and pasta. Hoarded tons of canned tomatoes in Shopwise's Sunrise sale last Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love tomatoes!!!
    The best is "Pachino" type!!

    Ciao

    Alfredo


    -----------------------------------Alfredo Liverani
    48018 Faenza (RA)
    ITALY

    URL: http://www.alfredoliverani.it
    Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/alfredoliverani/
    -----------------------------------

    ReplyDelete
  5. tomatoes are love :) i'm getting ready to plant some for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes! i love them too (sa salad) =)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails