Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Red Shoes

" In 1986, ten-year old Lucas Munozca catches sight of the First Lady’s 3000 pairs of shoes and steals a lovely red pair. He gives one shoe to his childhood sweetheart, while he gives the other to his widowed mother. In 2006, Lucas is stuck with one kind of footwear. He too, is stuck with his past, unable to move on from losing the love of his life. When his mother suddenly needs the complete pair, Lucas is forced to confront the consequences of stealing the shoes and to reveal why he did it. "

write up from theredshoes.com.ph

I was really curious about Unitel's movie, The Red Shoes (not related to the 1948 movie with the same title) after seeing the ads and the website. I mean, a movie about stealing Imelda's shoes... I'd definitely want to see that. Luckily, I was invited to the advanced screening in Podium Mall last Friday.
I'm really thankful that I went because the movie was great. Sure there were a lot of cheesy parts, but overall I liked it :) It was an added bonus that writer James Ladioray and director Raul Jorolan were present that night. I enjoyed listening to all the trivia during the Q&A portion after the movie.Some even came in red shoes including meow :) After the movie, they gave a small prize to all those who were wearing red shoes. Yay! Nugget approves!One of the things that caught my attention in the movie was this bridge. I am actually thinking of visiting it in Calumpit, Bulacan one of these days.
The Red Shoes starring Marvin Agustin and Nikki Gil will be in theaters starting March 10. I am actually thinking of watching it again :)

*Photo of cast and posters taken from Unitel

2 comments:

  1. it really is a great film. The only love story i know that does use a song title as it's title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. uy ako din manonood ulit. hehe pag na tripan mong pumunta ng bulacan sama mo ko ha. ;)

    bluerlyn.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails