Wednesday, June 25, 2008

a red dragon fly, a shiny bug and some ants.

my little sister got so excited when she saw a red dragonfly outside our balcony this afternoon. it's not often that we see dragonflies nowadays... which i find really sad and disturbing. i remember catching dragonflies when i was younger. i liked looking at their wings and the patterns on it. but i would always set them free (unlike some sadist kids who would tear them apart or set up insect fights). the same goes for bugs such as beetles, lady bugs etc. (except roaches of course!) speaking of bugs, i rescued a shiny bug from the escalator last week. it was on the corner and very close to getting crushed or stepped on. so i picked it up and brought it home :) i haven't seen it in days though. i'm hoping that it was able to recover or die in peace (and sana hindi kinain ni nugget!)

3 comments:

  1. I have never seen a red dragonfly before--that is so cool!
    Smiles, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I swear, not five minutes ago I saw a crazy red bug in my backyard; it looked like a red wasp, but maybe it was a dragonfly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guilty. :-( I was a sadist when I was a kid. I set these insects on fire!

    But I've changed. I'm an environmentalist now. Save Gaea! :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails