Wednesday, July 21, 2010

72 Ekamai, Bangkok

I already had my mind set on staying at Dream Hotel during our recent trip to Bangkok but when I saw 72 Ekamai I knew I had to revise the plan a bit. Instead of just staying at Dream, I booked a couple of days here :)
72 Ekamai is a cozy little hotel situated in the more quiet side of Bangkok. The location is very convenient too since it is just 10 minutes away from the Skytrain and there is a 24 hour grocery nearby.
There is a pool, a bar and a nice waiting room where you can just hang out. (pool photo from website)
But the thing that really attracted me to this place was the fact that they had a vintage toy shop and museum!!! With tin robots!
I absolutely love vintage robots :) I was a bit pleased to see some of my collection included in their display.
I wanted to buy some toys but the new practical meow said no :)
The room was very spacious and cozy! Not bad for 2600 Baht++ (roughly P3,600) a night.
Breakfast was pretty interesting too (particularly the way they cooked the egg). But I do wish they had more local stuff such as Pad Thai or Tom Yum on the menu :D

72 Ekamai
72 Soi Sukhumvit 63 (between Ekamai 4&6)
Prakanong - Nua, Wattana,
Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand

3 comments:

  1. i love the bed, makes me want to jump on it and sleep. thanks for sharing this info. who knows, i might land in Bangkok one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cool yet a bit expensive. if i have the budget too, gusto ko din jan!

    and btw, natry ko din yung Flying coater ba yun sa Genting! Winner! Ü

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was there in June at Bangkok, didn't realise the Hotel. Anyways bangkok and pattaya are cool places to chill.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails