Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Really old things

I've been doing a lot of cleaning and sorting lately.  My mom is planning to use my old room so that means I have to get rid of all the stuff I left there.  A lot of items such as computer tables and old books have been either donated or thrown away since bringing them to our tiny home is not an option.
book of used movie, theater tickets
I've thrown away some journals, old notes and random items that i've collected over the years.  I mean, I don't think I'll be needing my plastic spoon and expired sugar packet collection anytime soon :D  My journals are not very exciting either...  7 year old meow liked to talk about cats.  13 year old meow liked to talk about cats too and yes it is like that every year :D  But I did hold on to a photo album filled with photos I took of my cats and other random cats pics collected from teachers and classmates.
and there is even a handwritten movie ticket in the bunch :D
I am still thinking if I should keep this old scrapbook of movie tickets.  I kept all the tickets of the movies I watched with Erman when we started dating.  I think I have 3 to 4 years worth of tickets here.  I'm not sure why I stopped but looking at the dates I think it was when I moved to Singapore for a year.  The album got buried somewhere when my room was packed up during my absence.
When not everything was made in China!  Ruler and case made in the Philippines, pencil made in Taiwan and ballpen made in Hong Kong :D
I also found this really retro McDonald's give away.  I think my dad kept this since I was still too young to appreciate it then.  It says 1984 on the ruler so yeah I was just 3 years old when I got this :D
creepy.
or maybe he kept it because Ronald McDonald looks very creepy!  Too bad the set is missing the eraser.
But my favorite find is this old baby box.  I've posted about this before but it is nice seeing it again after 3 years of being hidden in my room.  My mom said that it was my dad's baby box.  I can't verify since there are no dates on the box but it does look very old!  I just wonder why it wasn't used.
The soap is still here.  The exact ingredients aren't listed but I'm guessing that they did not use a lot of chemicals back then.
It says "Made in E.U.A." (hecho en E.U.A.) on the baby oil bottle.  I wonder where that is?  Maybe in Europe?  The label and the instructions are also in Spanish.
But I'm not 100% sure since I can read Guatemala and Dominican Republic on the label.  Very confusing indeed :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails