Sunday, February 6, 2011

Chasing Chinatown

Happy Year of the Metal Rabbit to all of us!  I'm not Chinese but I look forward to Chinese New Year because of the festivities...
Chinese New Year
I mean, when else do you see "lions" crossing the street?
Chinese New Year
or a dancing dragon? :)  I really wished I had time to drop by Chinatown but thankfully the dragons came to my neighborhood this year.  Photos are blurry since I was taking them from my balcony.  Hehe!
happy year of the metal rabbit
Aside from the festivities, we also look forward to the food!  Funny because these dishes and goodies are available the whole year round... but somehow it is more exciting to eat tikoy during the Chinese New Year! 
Chasing Chinatown food bazaar
Erman and I were lucky to catch the very last day of the "Chasing Chinatown" food bazaar at the Power Plant Mall.
lucky snacks
We saw a lot of goodies such as tikoy and hopia in different flavors.
dimsum
Yummy dimsum!
fresh lumpia
and the best fresh lumpia from Ha Yuan.  Anyway, if you want to save on kramer pacer at musicians friend, just click on the link and you will find what you need :D

3 comments:

  1. wow, any saya. festive and colorful photos. the food photos are making me hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaaah! Sobrang natakam ako sa tikoy. :(

    Ang cute ng jeepney!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Malinaw pa mga kuha mo Kate. :) I got to watch the dragon & lion dance up close in Eastwood but my shots are rather crappy. :p

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails