Saturday, April 10, 2010

Strawberry Mini Cakes

I had big plans for the strawberries I brought home from Baguio last February. I originally wanted to make butter cupcakes topped with whipped cream and fresh strawberries but because of my heavy workload I never really got around to baking. I put the strawberries in the freezer and sort of forgot that they were there. Yes, I've had them in the freezer for almost 2 months! Eeks.
I finally had some free time this afternoon to bake! I still made the butter cakes as planned but decided to make something different for the topping. The strawberries were too mushy to use as is so I just tossed them in the blender with the icing. Yum!
I think it worked out well in the end since the cakes were really yummy :)

4 comments:

  1. Your photos never cease to amaze me. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks yummy! I think the second was especially pretty good because of that utensils shadow effect on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks yummy..I love the new Lo and header!

    ReplyDelete
  4. katey enge ng recipe :)

    erlyn of bluerlyn.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails