“The best mirror is an old friend.”
- George Herbert
How long have you been friends with your best buds? I wish I kept i touch with my grade school buddies but it was a challenge especially since I was the only one who transferred to another school. It would have been easier if we had mobile phones and e-mail back then :D But when I think about how close my mother-in-law is to her childhood friends (That's over 50 years of great friendship!) I realize that the lack of modern communication is not an excuse... You really need to make an effort to keep those relationships alive.
Here are some of the things that I think will help us to be a good friend:
1. Be respectful
2. Make plans to hang out... and make it really happen! No flaking and no last minute excuses.
4. Be supportive
4. Be supportive
5. Be there when they need you
6. Do fun activities together - crafts, game night, cooking, sleepovers (the list is endless!)
|making wire rings with my friend :D|
7. Be loyal
8. Forgive - try not to to hold on to grudges
9. Be happy for each other - Celebrate happy occasions!
10. Explore and travel together.
11. Be honest with each other.
12. Take time to get to know their families and partners.
13. Remember birthdays and other significant events.
14. Be interested in what is happening in their lives.
15. Make them happy :D Friend feeling sad? Try to think of ways to help them beat the blues.
16. Accept them for who they are
17. Be prepared to help when they need you to
18. Guide each other to be better people
19. smile and laugh together
20. Keep updated and talk often - A real friend calls. "With GoUnli20, it’s now easy to call without a need for a prefix and it’s just P20 for unli calls, 15mb of mobile surfing, and 20 texts to all networks! Kaya if you need a friend, don’t call me, I’ll call you!"